YRC is holding safety training demonstrations on a voluntary basis on a variety of topics, and is recruiting trainers. Members who attend a demonstration receive a ticket for a chance to win a prize.
Below are the requirements for members interested in becoming a Safety Trainer. Members who meet the requirements listed below will have an opportunity to sign up on an interest list and considered by the Local and management.
- Must be comfortable coaching fellow members.
- Using the LTYX (DRIVECAM) program to help coach other drivers.
- Smith System Training
- Computers / Email
- Have a safe work record
- Comfortable with Demonstrations
- Willing to take a leadership role with your peers
- Will be paid your average daily wage on training days
Safety Trainer and Line Haul Driver Ken Canter participates in a Safety Demonstration.